Welcome to Leather & Soie – a style blog that epitomises owning your own style. For me that is somewhere between edgy and feminine – hence Leather & Soie (French for silk).
First and foremost, I started this blog as I have always loved fashion, and in particular anything that’s unique and of high quality. I have always believed in knowing who you are, what you want and how you want to be portrayed. I use that to create my ensembles, be it; edgy, feminine, classic, unique or professional. I love playing with different textures such as leather and silk, as well as different prints, stripes and florals.
Secondly, I have a knack for shopping! As I am sure you do too! But really, I love shopping. And I have some very useful tips and tricks when searching for the perfect item. I use these techniques not only for fashion, but for homewares, technology and food. I’ll give you a hint: research is key. I aim to provide you with loads of information on how to score the perfect bargain, as well scout out the most useful retailers in the world. Smart wardrobe additions will transform how you dress.
Thirdly, I have a few philosophies when it comes to styling that encapsulates everything I do on this blog. No matter what I post, I’ll aim to keep one or more of these in mind to ensure that you are being constantly inspired.
Leather & Soie style philosophies:
- Know who you are, what you like and what looks good on YOU
- Well-fitting tailored clothes make an outfit
- Have a wardrobe stocked with good quality basics
- Recognise styles that never go out of fashion
- Black & white is a fail safe option, but not the be all and end all
- Experiment and have fun with textures, cuts, patterns, colours and prints
- Accessories can elevate your outfit
- Invest in great shoes
Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to hearing your feedback along the way.
Leather & Soie