The right combination of fierceness and femininity…
I don’t know about you, but I have always loved the urban safari look. It must have something to do with being a Taurean, and my subsequent love of earthy colours! Whatever it is, the trend is perfect for summer; be it casual or dressy. Below are some tips and links on picking up some of the perfect pieces, so that you can put your own safari inspired look together (including similar styles to the dress I’m wearing).
Firstly, what constitutes a safari look? Any piece that is light weight and comes in a colour that resembles nature, as it’s originally used to blend into the surroundings. Think olive greens, khaki, hues of brown, creme, white, and rust orange. I feel the military style clothing can also be used to replicate such a look. I also like to take inspiration from nature, such as these tie up shoes I’m wearing; they remind me of vines wrapping around a tree!
Click the links to see some of my favourite safari inspired pieces, available right now…
Dresses really are the perfect summer piece; they’re light, airy, and easy to style. Here are a few of my favourite safari inspired dresses:
- This dress is just stunning…if you can afford it!
- What better than a classic linen dress like this one; you can belt it or wear as is. But, this linen dress speaks for itself!
- It doesn’t have to be khaki, a simple white dress will do the trick. Pair with a pair of tan leather tie up sandals, such as these, and you’re good to go!
Add a little femininity, and you’ve got yourself the perfect chic safari look. Here are the skirts & shorts I’m swooning over:
- This skirt would be perfect for a casual safari look.
- Of course, I had to add a leather option here too!
- Do yourself a favour and pick up a pair of linen shorts like this one; you will wear them year after year.
Just in case the weather turns a little breezy, I got you covered (see what I did there?!) with my favourite jackets and vests of the season:
- This jacket is beyond amazing…as is this one. If you are willing to splurge on an item, this wouldn’t be a bad investment; the safari look is classic, so it won’t go out of style.
- I mean, a linen blazer is a wardrobe essential. This one is beautifully proportioned, as is this one (I have it).
- Or DIY and buy a cheaper (real deal) men’s safari vest, belt it with a tan leather belt, over a pair of shorts or trousers, and you’ve got yourself a chic, authentic safari look.
Let’s face it, a safari inspired top should be comfy, stylish and practical. Here are my favourite picks:
- If you want to blend in with a leopard, get this one; it has such a beautiful shape to it.
- For the perfect summer safari top, get this one, this one, or this one.
- You can’t go wrong with a khaki linen shirt.
- But, for the ultimate in safari chic, check this one out!
An earthy coloured pair of trousers, to me, epitomises the safari look, and here are some of my favourites:
- If you can afford it, you won’t be disappointed with these.
- Maurie & Eve do linen pants so well…so any of these pants will sufficiently do the trick!
- I’m a fan of any cropped trouser, but these are particularly cute!
Because nothing is complete without a safari inspired swimsuit! Check out my fav pieces here:
- I mean, if you can afford them!
- I would have everything one shoulder if I could, and this suit doesn’t disappoint!
- This two piece is so chic!
So, there you have it! All the inspiration you need to put together the perfect urban summer safari look. I hope you liked it!
Thanks for stopping by! For more style inspo, check out my social media accounts:
Katrina – Leather & Soie
What I wore: